- 40 mm and 60 mm centre of rotation options allow for two axes of motion about a common centre of rotation
- 30 N load capacity
- Low profile, small footprint
- Built-in controller; daisy-chains with other Zaber products
- Encoder position feedback with slip/stall detection and automatic recovery
1. An indexed knob provides convenient manual control.
2. Integrated stepper motor controller and motor driver allows for easy-to-use control.
3. Integrated motor encoder, provides easy-to-use closed-loop motion.
4. 200 step per revolution stepper motor, microstepped up to 256x to provide smooth and precise motion.
5. Control all units in the daisy-chain via serial port (with a locking X-SDC cable) or USB (with an X-USBDC cable).
6. Daisy-chain additional units with a locking X-DC02 cable or X-DC06 cable. Power can also be shared in the chain.
7. Crossed roller bearings for smooth motion and high stiffness.
8. The interlocking alignment system makes it easy to stack two stages.
9. M2 (20 mm pattern) and M3 (32 mm pattern) mounting holes provided.
10. The GSM60 and the GSM40 stages can be stacked together to share a common centre of rotation, 40 mm above the top stage.
11. An additional shaft-mounted knob for coarse positioning without power.
Zaber's X-GSM-E Series devices are computer-controlled, motorized goniometers with a compact size and built-in controller and motor encoder. They are stand-alone units requiring only a standard 48 V power supply. An indexed knob provides convenient manual control for versatile operation even without a computer. These stages connect to the RS-232 port or USB port of any computer, and they can be daisy-chained with any other Zaber products. The daisy-chain also shares power, making it possible for multiple X-Series products to share a single power supply. Convenient locking, 4-pin, M8 connectors on the unit allow for secure connection between units. These stages are excellent for applications where a small profile is required. They can mount to a flat surface or stack together to share a common centre of rotation for two axes of angular motion. Like all of Zaber's products, the X-GSM-E Series is designed to be 'plug and play' and very easy to set up and operate.
Zaber ASCII Protocol Manual (Wiki)
Zaber Binary Protocol Manual (Wiki)
X-GSM-E Manual (Wiki)