- 360° continuous travel on both azimuth and elevation axes
- Speed up to 24°/s; max torque 10 N⋅m; max payload 15 kg
- Direct reading encoder for slip/stall detection and position correction
- 300 and 500 mm width frame options
- Adjustable elevation offset for optimizing alignment and performance
- Built-in controllers & slip ring for effortless cable management
- Custom versions available
1. An indexed knob provides convenient manual control.
2. Control all units in the daisy-chain via serial port (with a locking X-SDC cable) or USB (with an X-USBDC cable).
3. Daisy-chain additional units with a locking X-DC02 cable or X-DC06 cable. Power can also be shared in the chain.
4. Integrated direct reading encoder, stepper motor controller and motor driver allows for easy-to-use control with stall detection.
5. 200 step per revolution stepper motor, microstepped up to 256x to provide smooth and precise motion.
6. Adjustable crossmember offset relative to elevation axis, from 0 mm to 175 mm in 12.5 mm increments. Note: Payload mount plates AP193 and AP194 are sold separately as accessories.
7. High accuracy obtained with direct reading encoder with 0.2 arc sec resolution.
8. Slip ring power and data interconnection allows continuous azimuth axis rotation and tangle free cable management.
9. Aperture clearance on elevation axis offers convenient end user cable entry.
10. High precision planar alignment between azimuth and elevation axes within 100 µm.
11. Optional 8x 2 Amp signal wire connections available.
12. Easy to mount; compatible with both metric and imperial breadboards.
Zaber's X-G-RST-DE series products are motorized two-axis rotation stage devices with built-in controllers and direct reading encoders for high accuracy motion. Rated for up to 15 kg load capacity centered about the elevation axis and 10 N⋅m of torque, they are ideal for high-load, high-precision, angular positioning in optics, telecom, scanning, and tracking applications.
These gimbals ship assembled, making them 'plug and play'. They are easy to set up and operate. A variety of standard crossmembers for both metric and imperial mounting are available: AP193M, AP193E, AP194M & AP194E; custom versions are also available. The adjustable height of the elevation assembly provides a versatile solution for centering different size payloads.