Concave Mirror Substrates
Coatings on all concave mirror substrate models are available. Pre-coated aluminum concave mirrors are available. These substrates are mainly used as the primary mirror in a reflecting telescope or as reflection mirror of a collimating optical system light-source.
• Large selection from outer size to radius of curvature is available on our website and in our catalog.
• Contact our Sales Team for your choice of coating specifications.
• For high power lasers use concave substrates (LCBS) suitable for Laser resonator applications. (WEB Reference Catalog Code/W3143)
• The back side of the substrate has a ground surface; it is not usable for transmission. For transmission we recommend plano concave lenses (SLB-N).
(WEB Reference Catalog Code/W3050)
• For cold-mirror or partial reflection application, please contact our Sales Team for a concave mirror on the back side polished.
The outer edge of the concave surface is chamfered, the thickness of the edge varies therefore use the back side of the substrate as datum.