- 13, 28 and 60 mm travel
- Up to 4 mm/s speed and up to 15 N thrust
- Built-in controller; daisy-chains data and power with other T-series products
- Designed to replace standard micrometer heads on manual translation stages. (See note #2 below)
1. An optional knob provides smooth manual control at variable speeds in both directions.
2. LEDs (not shown) indicate the power and communication status of the actuator at a glance.
3. Powered by standard AC/DC adaptors (included in kits), a convenient and inexpensive solution.
4. All of Zaber's T-Series products have integrated stepper motor controller and motor driver!
5. Control all units in the daisy-chain via serial port (with a T-DSUB9 adaptor) or USB (with a T-USBDC cable)
6. Daisy-chain additional units without additional cables. Power can also be shared in the chain.
7. Built-in controller comes pre-configured; no need to adjust parameters.
8. Precision lead screw, stepper motor and advanced algorithm enable 0.1 um resolution.
9. Standard mounting interface replaces most manual micrometer heads.
We recently released the T-NA Linear Actuator, a powerful and robust unit, which resolves the following limitations of the T-LA:
- The T-LA lead screws may experience some side-to-side wobble while extending and retracting. This is eliminated when the actuator is pushing against a constrained surface, for example, in a translation stage.
- You cannot mount anything to the moving tip of the T-LA actuator. It is designed to push only.
- The T-LA actuator is designed to push a force of 15 N or less. Some stages contain springs with stronger forces than this. We advise checking the spring force of your stage before choosing which actuator to drive it.
- The T-LA is more delicate and has a limited lifetime compared to the T-NA08. View the T-LA Specs Page for a lifetime vs thrust comparison.
If any of these issues are of concern to you, consider purchasing a T-NA08 Series Actuator instead.
T-LA Manual (Wiki)
Zaber ASCII Protocol Manual (Wiki)
Zaber Binary Protocol Manual (Wiki)