The VIAVI SWS2000 swept wavelength system is a test solution for characterising wavelength dependence or passive optical components. The SWS2000 includes a tunable laser source, source optics module, receiver chassis, control module, detector modules and application software.
The SWS platform measures insertion loss (IL), polarization dependent loss (PDL), return loss (RL) and directivity with high wavelength resolution. With the OMNI Expansion, group delay (GD) and differential group delay can be added to make the SWS2000 ideal for the complete verification of components for 40G systems.
Currently used at more than 80 customer sites, with over 8500 detector channels deployed, the SWS test platform validates optical performance for the latest optical components and modules, including ROADMs, Wavelength Switches, Tunable Filters and Circuit Packs.
With a ± 0.002 nm absolute wavelength accuracy over the entire 1420 to 1630 nm range, a high sweep speed of 40 nm/s, and a deep dynamic range of > 70 dB, the SWS2000 provides excellent performance combined with a low cost of ownership. The distributed architecture supports up to eight separate, individually controlled measurement stations per source laser. Often purchased initially as an R&D tool, this scalability in the number of measurement stations provides the flexibility to transition the equipment from R&D to production.
Upgrade packages from legacy SWS systems to the SWS2000 platform are available to ensure that existing SWS users receive the maximum benefit from their existing capital infrastructure.
Optical component and module characterization in both R&D and manufacturing environments:
- ROADMs,Wavelength Switches, Wavelength Blockers, Circuit Packs
- Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), Coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM)
- Tunable Filters, Couplers, Splitters, Switches, Attenuators, Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs), Interleavers, Dichroic Filters
- Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and Waveguide Devices
- Scalable architecture - add more stations any time
- ± 0.002 nm absolute wavelength accuracy
- Up to 128 detector channels available per station
- Remote source laser can be shared by up to 8 workstations
- High speed scanning (user controllable) up to 40 nm/s
- Flexible easy-to-use software
- Customized applications through dynamic link libraries (DLLs)
- 24/7 service and support