VIAVI SmartClass OLA-54 and OLA-55 Optical Level Attenuators are 40Gbps ready variable optical attenuators for system testing, installation, maintenance, and production of multimode fibres (OLA-54) and singlemode fibres (OLA-55). The OLA-55 tests up to 40 Gbps systems together with bit error rate testing (BERT).
- Extended calibration wavelengths for very high performance: 600 adjustable wavelengths for the OLA-54 and 400 adjustable wavelengths for the OLA-55.
- Extremely long battery operation time of >1000 h.
- Absolute and relative attenuation setting
- Low minimum insertion loss
- Emulate fibre loss for testing system dynamics
- Traceable measurements to NIST/PTB standards for confidence in accuracy.
- Robust, shock-proof, and splash-proof design for field operation.
The VIAVI SmartClass OLA-55M Motorized Optical Level Attenuator is a combined variable optical attenuator and high-performance optical power meter in a single, rugged, handheld instrument.
- Absolute and relative attenuation setting.
- Attenuation range of 2.5 to 60dB, FTTx ready
- USB port for remote operation.
- Two operating modes: optical attenuator, and automatic level controller.
- Automatic stabilization of the output power with the automatic level controller mode.
- Reduces the need for couplers and additional instruments in test setups.
- Direct setting of the output power with the automatic level controller mode.