The VIAVI MTS-6000A compact network test platform is a modular test platform with a single module slot. Over 40 interchangable plug-in application modules are available, offering an extensive portfolio of test functionality for multiple network layers.
A single Multi-Services Application module provides an integrated solution for Ethernet, SONET/SDH, and higher-layer tests. This includes Ethernet and SONET/SDH testing at line rates from 10Mb/s up to 10Gb/s as well as the ability to verify and troubleshoot higher-layer IP video, Layer 4 UDP/PCP, FTP and HTTP. Optical Modules allow thorough testing of short-haul, long-haul, FTTx, CWDM, and high speed 40Gbps networks.
- OTDR and power level testing
- 10GigE LAN and 1 GigE optical interfaces
- Triple Play with IPTV testing; SONET/SDH testing at OC-3/STM-1 through OC-192/STM-64 line rates
- PMD, Spectral Attenuation Profile and Chromatic Dispersion (CD) testing
- Insertion Loss (IL) and Optical Return Loss (ORL) testing
- Optical Spectrum Analysers for WDM and ROADM testing.
Automatic software updates enable you to keep up with test technology changes and new scripts. Internet connectivity allows easy communication and remote access - making it possible for senior staff to assist without travelling to the customer's site.
Visual fault locator and lost test set functions are available on the base unit to improve the application module free space.
- Lightweight platform: only 2.4kg
- Large 8.4 inch transreflective TFT color display improves viewing under any conditions.
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen
- Long battery life using smart Lithium ion cell.
- Connection checker with VFL, laser source, power meter, ORL, Loss Test Set and video inspection scope options.
- Built-in optical talkset option for communicating along the fiber.
- Remotely controlled (Ethernet/IP)
- Fast data transfer via USB, Ethernet port and 1GB extended memory.
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results with FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200).