The VIAVI Solutions MTS-4000 multiple services test platform is a modular hand-held test solution for all phases of the network lifecycle, including advanced fibre, copper, xDSL and services testing.
The unit holds two interchangable test modules at a time, with a wide range of plug-in application modules available. The test modules can be changed while working in the field, allowing you to test everything from the installation to the maintenance of Access/FTTx networks and triple-play services, with just one instrument. With the ability to quickly identify the causes of nearly every possible problem, the MTS-4000 enables service calls to be completed faster, with fewer call-backs.
Automatic software updates enable you to keep up with test technology changes and new scripts. Internet connectivity allows easy communication and remote access - making it possible for senior staff to assist without travelling to the customer's site.
The wide 7-inch colour display with optional touchscreen lets you easily view an actual Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) stream, web browser or complex test results, such as an optical time domain refletometry (OTDR) trace or spectrum analysis wavelform analysis.
The modular form of the MTS range allows the test set to have the exact capabilities needed in the field:
Fibre test applications include OTDR, FiberComplete Automatic IL/ORL, CWDM Analyzer, PON/FTTH selective power meter, Connector Inspection with IEC Pass/Fail Analysis as well as Visual Fault Locator, Broadband Power Meter and CW light source.
Copper test applications include volt/ohm meter, time domain reflectometer (TDR), resistive fault locator, and wideband tones/spectal analysis to 30 MHz.
Service test applications include triple-play service testing/IPTV and VoIP measurements from DSL access interfaces or standard Ethernet port, VDSL and ADSL testing using Infineon Technologies chipset and licensed option for Dr. DSL® diagnostic solutions from Aware, Inc.
The MTS-4000 can also perform Enterprise IT network testing - combining basic troubleshooting functionality with the advanced capability needed to turn up and maintain modern networks.
- Lightweight platform: only 1.4kg
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen option
- Extended battery life using smart Lithium ion cell
- Scripting capability for automation, simplification and automatic data reporting
- Easy Internet access via installed web browser
- Remote control access allowing remote assistance from any expert user
- Integration of basic applications such as HTML and PDF reader
- Comprehensive suite of PC software tools for post-processing of test results with FiberTrace (OFS-100) and FiberCable (OFS-200)
- Connection checker with VFL, power meter and video inspection scope options
- Flexible connectivity for fast data transfer: 2xUSB 2.0, up to 1 Gb/s Ethernet