The VIAVI Solutions MTS-2000 handheld modular OTDR test set is a compact fibre optic multi-test tool for field testing. The unit holds one interchangable test module at a time, with a wide range of plug-in application modules available. An optional optical power meter, visual fault locator and optical talk set can be built in.
The simple interface and one-touch button operation ensures straightforward use of the instrument. Results are displayed on a large high resolution colour touchscreen. The MTS-2000 is easy to handle and comes with a hands-free bag.
Automatic software updates enable you to keep up with test technology changes and new scripts. Internet connectivity allows easy communication and remote access - making it possible for senior staff to assist without travelling to the customer's site.
The modular form of the MTS range allows the test set to have the exact capabilities needed in the field.
Test capabilities include a range of OTDR modules for multimode and singlemode testing, FiberComplete modules for automated Insertion Loss/Optical Return Loss (IL/ORL), and fault-finding. Both the OTDR and FiberComplete modules are passive optical network (PON) optimised. The MTS-2000 is also ready for connector end face pass/fail analysis to IEC standards with a digital analysis microscope. PON power meter and CWDM-OSA modules enable turn-up and trouble-shooting of PON and CWDM networks.
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
- Test applications include OTDR, automatic IL/ORL, CWDM analyzer, selective PON power meter and connector inspection with IEC pass/fail analysis
- Built-in optical power meter, VFL and optical talkset options
- New generation lithium polymer (LiPo) battery for up to 8 hours operation
- Flexible connectivity with ethernet, USB, bluetooth and wifi capabilities
- Special hands-free bag as standard
- Cross-compatibility with MTS-4000 Multiple Services Test Platform