Absorptive Neutral Density Filter
We offer a complete line of ND filters to reduce intensity of the visible light.
This is an absorptive type of filter that reduces stray reflected light and reduces intensity of the light with minimal difference of transmission for visible wavelengths.
• The transmittance can be fine tuned and can offer light intensity adjustment. Moreover, with a multi-filter set up, ultra fine light intensity tuning can be realized.
• The mounted filter (model MAN/MANY) with it's outer frame can be easily mounted in our filter holder (model FH). For a filter with diameter 30mm outer frame please see lens holder (model LHF-30S) for your reference.
• Absorptive ND filter placed near to a light-source can be broken by the sudden high temperature. The filter must be treated with thermal reinforcement for heat resistance.
• Different size, wavelength and deviation ratio which is not listed on-line or in our catalog is available as custom product upon the request.
• Do not use with high power laser, the filter can be broken. In that case, please try our Reflective type of ND filter (model FND).
• The filter transmittance characteristic of each production lot is different. The outside wavelength properties of the adaptation wavelength may greatly vary in particular according to production lot. Please refer to reflective filter (model FND) if the use of wavelength is wider than a specified wavelength.
• ND filter does not have Anti Reflection coating so there is 4% reflection loss.