The DFB (NP) series are single longitudinal mode, narrow linewidth DFB laser diodes with outputs of up to 20mW in the infrared spectral region. Custom wavelengths are available from 750nm to 2800nm.
Coarse tuning of the centre wavelength is possible over approximately 1nm using temperature control, at a rate of around 0.05nm/K. Variation of the drive current of the laser gives further fine-tuning. This technique varies the laser wavelength by ~ 0.01nm/mA across 0.25-1.00nm (wavelength dependent).
These DFB laser diodes come in a wide range of standard laser diode packages:
- TO5.6mm and TO9mm headers with or without cap. These require an external TEC to cool the diode, and to temperature tune for coarse wavelength tuning.
- TO5 and TO8 style packages are complete with built in TEC and thermistor.
- TO5.6mm pigtailed package (without TEC and thermistor)
- 14 pin butterfly package (complete with TEC and thermistor).
- C-mount (without monitor photodiode)
A monitor photodiode built into the laser diode package allows measurement of the output power. It also achieves a higher degree of output power stabilisation, when used with the appropriate drive electronics. Drive electronics are not included. Laser 2000 supplies a range of suitable drive drivers and temperature controllers. Please see the laser accessories section. Optional windows and lenses can be fitted; both BK7 and sapphire caps are available.
With a long lifetime and highly repeatable performance, these devices meet the demands of laboratory based applications and OEM applications alike. They are reliable in harsh and demanding environments.