Quartz depolarizers convert linearly polarized input beams into unpolarized beams and are used in front and behind of measurement equipment that must avoid polarization.
• 1N type is made of single optical quartz plate. It has a wider transmission range, but has a larger beam deviation due to the 2 degree wedge shape.
• 2S type consists of cemented plates of optical quartz and synthetic fused silica. It does not have beam deviation, but the transmission range is not as wide as the single type.
• OP type consists of optical contact. It has a wider transmission range without beam deviation.
• It is similar to waveplate and mounted in a frame of ø30mm diameter.
• Custom Quartz depolarizers are available, contact our Sales Team for products not list on-line or in our catalog.
• Be sure to wear laser safety goggles when checking optical path and adjusting optical axis.