Cylindrical plano-convex lens has a convex curvature in the vertical direction and has no curvature in the horizontal direction.
They are often used to condense a laser beam into a thin line.
• Plano Convex Cylindrical lenses are available in BK7 for from visible range to infrared wavelength range and high-strength synthetic fused silica which has high laser damage threshold used in applications with 350nm ultraviolet light.
• BK7 lenses are also available with three types of anti-reflection coatings, visible wavelength range, in the near-infrared range and in the infrared range.
• Cylindrical lenses are often used in an optical system to change the shape and aspect ratio of the illumination light beam.
• Lenses are available in a large selection and in custom sizes and focal lengths.
• In addition to our standard coating we offer custom anti-reflective coating at specific wavelengths.
• We offer holders to mount our catalog cylindrical lenses, consult our Sales Team for assistance in your selection (CHA). (WEB Reference Catalog Code/W4022)
• Plano-convex cylindrical lens have chromatic aberration, and the focal length will vary depending on the wavelength. Please check the “wavelength characteristic of the focal length data” on the Web for the focal lengths of each wavelength. (Reference Technical Data)
• When using a plano-convex cylindrical lens parallel light should incident to the convex side first.
There is a possibility that the spherical aberration will increase and optical performance of the system will be degrated if use in reverse
• Transmissions losses due to reflection off the front and rear surfaces of the lens can be minimized by coating the surfaces. Consult our Sales Team for anti-reflection coatings suitable for your application.