DRS Daylight’s years of experience and field-proven performance in high-power mid-IR lasers come together in the Aries-100 family of products. These fixed-wavelength, high-power mid-IR CW/pulsed lasers feature a sealed, maintenance-free design, broadband output, a choice of center wavelength, and average power options up to 2 W. Aries-100 provides air-cooled CW or pulsed operation* and current (amplitude) modulation. They are CDRH compliant and carry CE marking.
All Aries-100 systems come with a SideKick™ laser controller, an umbilical cable, and a GUI and SDK to give you everything you need for productivity out of the box.
Features & Benefits
- Average power of up to 2 W (air cooled)*
- Center wavelength choices include 4.0, 4.6, 8.7, and 10.2 µm
- Broadband output with spectral width < 120 cm-1 (at 4.6 µm)
- CW* or pulsed output up to 50% duty cycle (≤ 10 ms, ≤ 1 MHz)*
- Superb TEM00 beam quality and low beam pointing allows fiber coupling
- High output power for high SNR* to > 1 W (peak) and > 0.5 W (average)
- Superior power stability (< 2% rms, 1 hr)
- Current (amplitude) modulation up to 1 MHz
- SideKick™ controller, GUI, and SDK included with all systems
- Proprietary HFQD™ circuitry to protect your chips
*Requires suitable chip(s).
- Standoff detection
- IR countermeasures
- Optical fiber testing
- Scene generation
- Materials processing