About Laser 2000
Laser 2000 is part of AVR Photonics Group. Now in its 30th year and with subsidiaries Laser 2000 in Huntingdon, UK and AVR Optics in Rochester, USA the group is a leading value added reseller of high technology equipment (lasers, photonics, optoelectronics, and telecoms & network test products). Laser 2000 operates across the UK and Ireland and has a first class reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. We provide high quality products and services to a broad range of private and public sector customers comprising blue chip companies and research institutions in the diverse applications of fundamental & life science, materials processing, oil and gas sensing, aerospace, network testing, and the internet. We source this equipment from a range of supplier partners across the world, including UK, Europe, USA, Japan, and China.
Our success come from our diverse, high performance staff who work as a strong and supportive team. They build excellent relationships with our customers and suppliers, many of which have been with us for decades. We aim to be a great employer to work for, encompassing pay, benefits and staff well-being. This is reflected in long length of staff service. We actively support the local community through our STEMfest partnership with Ormiston Academies Trust.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Leader and working within the six strong Logistics Team, you will be responsible for helping the organisation fulfil customer orders. From the order progressing stage through to packing and dispatching, you will provide a world-class level of customer service throughout the process.
The main duties of this role include:
- Order progressing/acknowledging: providing customers with up to date information on the status of orders. This includes liaising with international suppliers and the internal sales team to provide customers with the most accurate and up to date information, both domestically and internationally
- Goods receiving & dispatching: part of a small team receiving goods from suppliers, processing and dispatching to customers
- Aiding with customer returns/repairs: shipping both domestically and internationally
- General logistics duties: arranging collections, inventory control, liaising with couriers, and assisting the Logistics team leader
- Administrative tasks as and when required
The Company seeks to recruit and support the development of ambitious staff who want to progress through developing business and leadership skills and competencies. The role has the potential for progression into the Company’s Agile Service Team focused on sales support and commercial and logistics management. There is also the potential for periods of work at our US subsidiary AVR Optics based in Rochester, New York.
The ideal candidate will already possess 2-3 years’ experience in a logistics or customer services role. They will be positive, enthusiastic, and possesses a strong work ethic. They will be a strong communicator, work under their own management, and be able to solve problems using their own initiative.
We are looking for candidates with the following competencies:
- Accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment where mistakes can have significant customer satisfaction and cost impacts.
- Highly effective communication skills- listening, spoken and written. Recognition of the need to verify the understanding of the recipient for effective communication. Not afraid to ask questions to establish clarity.
- Good time management and work task prioritisation skills.
- Ability to be cross-skilled and quickly to flex between work tasks to address busy periods, whilst keeping focused and accurate on the task at hand.
- Remaining calm, polite and accurate under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team as well as individually.
- A polite and confident telephone manner.
- Highly dependable
And the following attributes and skills:
- Always puts the customer first
- Excellent attendance record
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in using ERP / MRP systems
- Experience using courier portals
You will be working in a modern office building on an industrial estate on the edge of Huntingdon, in a friendly team of six people.
Job Title: Logistics Clerk
Hours: 08:30 – 17.00, 5 days per week with one hour reserved for lunch (37.5 hours/week) Contract Period: Permanent
Based in: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Reports to: Logistics Team Leader
Reward Package: On-target earnings up to £24,000 (£12.31/h) depending on experience. The company offers a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
Start date: Immediate
Benefits: 25 days paid holiday, pension, and private health care
Other: Must have the right to live and work in the UK
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to Carl Willmer, Logistics Team Leader, Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org