At Laser 2000, we're always on the look out for good people to join our highly motivated team. If you have a degree level knowledge of physics, lasers, optoelectronics or have experience of selling optoelectronic equipment and want to join a company that values its staff and rewards success, then send a copy of your most up-to-date CV to
About Laser 2000
Laser 2000 is a leading distributor of photonics, optoelectronics, and telecoms & network test products. We provide high quality products and solutions to blue chip companies and research institutions in the diverse applications of fundamental & life science, materials processing, oil and gas sensing, aerospace, network testing, and the internet.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Leader and working within the Logistics Team. You will be responsible for helping the organisation fulfil customer orders, from the order progressing stage through to packing and dispatching, whilst providing a high level of customer service throughout the process.
The main duties of this role include
- Order progressing/acknowledging: providing customers with up to date information on the status of orders. This includes liaising with international suppliers and the internal sales team to provide customers with the most accurate and up to date information, both domestically and internationally.
- Goods receiving & dispatching: part of a small team receiving goods from suppliers, processing and dispatching to customers.
- Aiding with customer returns/repairs: shipping both domestically and internationally.
- General logistics duties: arranging collections, stock control, liaising with couriers, and assisting the Logistics team leader.
- Administrative tasks as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic, and possesses a strong work ethic. They will be a strong communicator, work under their own management, and be able to solve problems using their own initiative. They will be familiar with Microsoft Office. Experience of using ERP systems (Winman) would be advantageous, but not essential.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office products.
- Preferably experience in customer service, however a polite and confident telephone manner are essential.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team as well as individually.
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks, particularly during very busy periods.
|Job Title:||Logistics Clerk
|Hours:||08:30 - 17.00, 5 days per week with one hour reserved for lunch (37.5 hours/week)
|Based in:||Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
|Reports to:||Logistics Team Leader
||Salary:||£17,000 per annum
|Benefits:||The Company offers a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance, 25 days paid holiday, pension, and private health care
|Other:||Must have the right to live and work in the UK
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to:
Carl Willmer, Logistics Team Leader, Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd
Home > About Us > Career Opportunities
Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd.