Financial Controller (part time, 20 hours per week)
Company Profile: Laser 2000 is a leading distributor of photonics and optoelectronics products. The company provides high quality products & solutions to blue chip companies and research institutions throughout the world in the diverse applications of fundamental & life science, materials processing, oil and gas sensing, aerospace, and the internet.
The company has an immediate need to recruit a Financial Controller (part time) to join the team.
Job Profile: Reporting to the Managing Director, your role as Financial Controller will be to take full responsibility and authority for managing the company's overall financial processes. The primary aim will be to ensure that the company's financial processes and controls are suitable for a growing entrepreneurial business, producing prompt and reliable management information for the directors.
Taking overall responsibility for the company's financial processes, you will ensure that reliable information is produced in a timely manner, that money is collected and paid accurately on time, and that the finance function works with the wider business to help deliver the company's strategy.
A self-starter, you will be required to manage a range of financial processes and to take on responsibility for the management of the finance team.
The duties of the role include;
- Preparing monthly management accounts with supporting documentation within one week
- Preparing related forecasts
- Managing prompt collection of debt from customers
- Managing efficient supplier invoice processing and payment systems
- Co-ordinating monthly payroll, working with external payroll bureau
- Overseeing financial processes in accounting / ERP system
- Seeking opportunities to improve the service and efficiency of the finance team
- Ensuring regular government returns (VAT, P11D, intrastats etc..) are submitted on time
- Working with external advisers including accountants / auditors, insurers and others
Who we're looking for: The Financial Controller (part time) role will be a key part of the Laser 2000 team and we are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Familiarity with the core procedures involved in all financial processes above
- Experience in dealing with international trade and multi-currency environments
- Computer literacy with familiarity of integrated ERP systems, spreadsheets and data interrogation and manipulation (e.g. Excel advanced)
- Ideally experience in manufacturing or other stock-related environment
- Ideally experience in managing small teams
- Excellent communications skills
- Based a commutable distance from Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, or willing to relocate.
Residency: You must have the permanent right to work within the UK.
Salary: Circa £40,000-45,000 (pro rata) per annum plus annual bonus (estimated at £3,000 although not guaranteed, & pro rata), depending on skills and experience, plus employer's contributions to private pension plan, plus healthcare.
Location: Huntingdon / Cambridgeshire UK. You must be based in the area or be willing to relocate (relocation assistance will be provided). You must also hold a passport and be able and willing to travel to the USA, Europe & the Far East.
Laser 2000 provides on-going training and offers excellent remuneration and benefits. The company provides a friendly, exciting, and stimulating environment in which to flourish. If you are keen to develop a career in photonics and work in a supportive company environment where you can develop your potential fully, please email your CV to:
Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd