Company Profile: Laser 2000 is a leading distributor of photonics and optoelectronics products. The company provides high quality products & solutions to blue chip companies and research institutions throughout the world in the diverse applications of fundamental & life science, materials processing, oil and gas sensing, aerospace, and the internet.
The company has an immediate need to recruit a Marketing Manager to join the team.
Job Profile: Reporting to the Managing Director, your role as marketing manager will be to take full responsibility and authority for corporate brand, identity & customer communications. The primary aim will be to increase lead generation and brand awareness through the development of the company's marketing resources.
Taking overall responsibility for the company's global marketing strategy, you will define and deliver agreed objectives in consultation with the sales team and the board.
A self-starter, you will be required to define, lead and manage a wide range of marketing projects and activities, and to take on responsibility for the management of the marketing team.
The Marketing Manager role will focus on a wide range of marketing activities, from direct marketing campaigns to event management, as well as leading the strategy of client engagement. This post is key to the company in its aim to provide class leading marketing for the company, our customers, and suppliers.
The duties of the role include;
- Increasing lead generation through the development of the company's marketing resources
- Defining global marketing strategy and developing annual marketing plans
- Responsibility for brand management, customer communications, and corporate identity
- Setting and managing the marketing budget
- Creating & executing new, innovative marketing methods
- Planning, overseeing and sign-off of advertising and promotional activities such as exhibitions, online, email and print campaigns, & PR
- Streamlining product introduction process
- Developing and managing customer and product data, applications, features, benefits, USPs, white papers
- Identifying new markets, new products, & analysing competitors
- Providing input on product pricing
- Measuring ROI, key performance metrics & assessing the best ROI on marketing spend
- Overall management of marketing team & external agencies
- Content copywriting
- Updating, maintaining, and developing web and e commerce solutions
It will be based at our office in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
Who we're looking for: The Marketing Manager role will be a key part of the Laser 2000 team and we are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- A thorough knowledge of B2B Marketing (ideally from a product/applications oriented background)
- A particular focus on Marketing Communications and a successful track record of designing and implementing Marketing Campaigns
- Experience of web design and e-commerce.
- Computer literacy with familiarity of SQL based website design, graphics design packages, word-processing, spreadsheets, Google analytics, ad words, & social media
- Excellent written English, experienced in writing sales copy with a clear understanding of the sales process.
- Experience in Events Management, both online and face to face
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ideally, a track record in line management or mentoring others
- Ideally, an A-level standard or greater in physics or a related subject with a demonstrable technical aptitude for understanding optoelectronic, fibre optic and photonics products and applications
- Based a commutable distance from Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, or willing to relocate.
Residency: You must have the permanent right to work within the UK.
Salary: Circa £30,000-40,000 per annum plus annual bonus (estimated at £3,000 although not guaranteed), depending on skills and experience, plus employers contributions to private pension plan, plus healthcare.
Location: Huntingdon / Cambridgeshire UK. You must be based in the area or be willing to relocate (relocation assistance will be provided). You must also hold a passport and be able and willing to travel to the USA, Europe & the Far East.
Laser 2000 provides on-going training and offers excellent remuneration and benefits. The company provides a friendly, exciting, and stimulating environment in which to flourish. If you are keen to develop a career in photonics and work in a supportive company environment where you can develop your potential fully, please email your CV to:
Laser 2000 (UK) Ltd